Tuesday 8 July 2014

And the great laptop declutter has begun!

I don't know about you but I love the feeling of a new piece of technology, like a laptop or a phone. I think there is something beautiful in a machine that is waiting to be personalised and is completely clean.

I got my MacBook in November 2012 and I was determined to keep it tidy. My desktop was going to remain clean, my photos were going to be labeled and my documents were going to be in folders. Needless to say, it didn't last long. I transferred everything over from my old laptop as it was, without bothering to sort through all of my files as I unloaded them onto my new computer and before long, photos were shoved everywhere and documents were titled "askdlfjshe".
I bought a new external hard drive today to use as my time machine and I am determined to clean my laptop up to a respectable level, getting rid of all old and useless files.
I made a start today on my pictures and I am actually pretty impressed with how much I have done, despite realising that I may have deleted some very important pictures before today! Luckily I have them on iPhoto so will be able to duplicate them for my "Photos" folder.

Now, let's just see how long it takes me to finish this task...

No comments:

Post a Comment



blogger template by lovebird