Saturday 19 July 2014

Lessons Learnt #1 (a.k.a. Mistakes of My Life)

I have been wanting to do a series of blog posts for some times and after the debacle I had yesterday, I realised what the perfect series for the Taisie Odele blog is: all of my mistakes. I don't just mean mistakes as they happen but also past mistakes and prevented mistakes. I think it's true that we all need mistakes to learn and better ourselves but some of mine are just plain stoooo-pid. So, what better way to celebrate my occasional stupidity than share it with the blogging community?


A few weeks ago, my boyfriend and I helped my mum move some furniture and as a thank you, she bought us a Chinese last night. She asked what I wanted and I told her that I wanted a curry and some chips. Fast forward half an hour to when my step-dad picks up the food and I have learned my lesson: curry from a Chinese takeaway doesn't come with rice.
I think I already knew this in the back of my mind and it's probably not that much of a shock or big deal to all of you (and don't worry, future Lessons Learnt posts will be more entertaining!) but it was quite a big thing to little old me, who doesn't like spicy curry in large quantities and has to counteract the spice by eating it with lots and lots of rice and chips. In the end, my mum cooked my some rice (I did offer but she said no!) and I had my curry after everyone else had eaten.
Simple thing, big mistake. But more importantly: lesson learnt.

- Taisie ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment



blogger template by lovebird