Monday 4 August 2014

Best Present Ever!

A few months ago (if not a year ago now) I let my friend read one of the books I have written. As a result, he bought me a present: a Segway experience. Due to a series of reasons, I was unable to use the experience before it expired so a couple of days ago my incredibly sweet friend replaced it for me with something else. I hadn't been expecting anything from him as it was primarily my fault for not using the experience before it expired but I was so incredibly excited to receive the new present from him as it is completely fitting for my personality.


Book Cover
The present I received is a book entitled "My Future Listography: All I Hope to Do in Lists"
I don't know if you know this about me but I am very much a "list" person. I like making lists and crossing things off of them - there's something pleasing about having completed everything on a list! So when I started flicking through the pages I wanted to ditch work to fill this book in (I didn't, but the temptation was definitely there!)
Date Ideas
Each double-page spread contains a title on the right hand page, complete with lines for you to write your list, and is accompanied with an cute illustration and example on the left hand page, some providing obscure answers that I wouldn't have thought to write down.
There are over 70 lists for you to complete, ranging from common ("countries you hope to go to") to bizarre ("other lives you'd want to lead if you had nine lives"). Reading through the contents pages of the lists makes it seem like the perfect book for when inspiration hits. Having lists such as "future halloween costume ideas" to "things to do when you're feeling down" makes it a practical book to not only store your ideas as and when you think of them but also to check back to when you are feeling down or you're stuck for a TV series to watch.
Using this book correctly could really aid in self-evaluation and self-improvement as it also contains a list for you to write habits you would like to make and habits you would like to break. While I'm not a fan of writing in books even if that is what they are designed for (I have uber messy handwriting and knowing me, I'll put something that is retrospectively cringeworthy!), this is definitely one I will be filling out as I think writing everything down will really help me realise all of my dreams and desires in life.
I'm an avid believer in that the best time to do something is now and I think writing down all of the foods I want to try, books I want to read, countries I want to visit and things I would like to learn would not only help me learn a lot about myself but would also motivate me to start living my life to the full as there is so much I want to do with my time!
Intro
In addition to this book, I have had a look on Amazon and I am tempted by a couple of other books the same author has created, in particular the book "Parenthood Listography" (which I am tempted to buy for my sister as she is expecting her first baby in less than three months) and "Listography Journal: Your Life in Lists" (which I think is a great way of documenting life events, small and large, to rediscover later in life).
So that is it, one of the best presents I think I will ever receive as it is so fitting for my personality. I don't know when I am going to start filling it in but it has already got me thinking about my life and all that I wish to accomplish!

- Taisie ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment



blogger template by lovebird