Wednesday 27 August 2014

Thought of the Week

I am a very thoughtful person in my day-to-day life and recently I have been thinking about my future and what I wish to accomplish with my life.
My family say that they are always proud of me, regardless of what I do. While I don't disagree with this, I can't say that I am proud of where I am. I have got Project Confidence to work on my confidence and making sure that I am proud of who I am but I can't say that I have anything to work on my life accomplishments. Sure, I have some little accomplishments. I donated blood a few weeks ago without actually passing out (which is an accomplishment for me!). I have written a few novels in my lifetime, which I hope to one day get published (finger's crossed!). And, of course, I am completely self-sufficient, having moved out with my boyfriend 5 months ago and having learnt to cook, clean and do laundry.
But is that enough?
For me, the answer is no.
aa2198d778c8e895f9b85d14b25f4205

I am not proud of where I am with my life and currently, I haven't got anything in motion for that to change anytime soon. I know that I don't want to be in my current job forever but I am not actively doing enough to change that or better my future prospects.
One of the things that I tend to think about in terms of my future is being successful. But what is "success"? Is someone with £1,000,000 in their bank account more successful than someone with five children? Is someone with five children more successful than someone without any children?
Ultimately, success is subjective. One day, I do want marriage and children - I would like a big family if possible - and I would like the money to be able to support my family sufficiently, the way in which my family have done for me. So does that mean I am unsuccessful if I only have two children and don't have enough money to be able to take them to DisneyWorld every year?
I think one of the best quotes I have recently heard is one that I am going to leave you with as it definitely made me think when I heard it.
"Success is thriving not surviving"

1 comment:

  1. Hey! Love to read such Thoughtful Articles. It feels good to go through theses Post. Visit Fashion Write For Us

    ReplyDelete



blogger template by lovebird