Tuesday 30 September 2014

Make-up Questions, by Taisie

Make-up questions
I saw these questions online and as I read through them, I thought they would be so fun to answer so I decided to post them to my blog. I hope you all enjoy reading them as much as I enjoyed answering them!

  1. What foundation do you use? I tend to use a combination of foundations depending on how much coverage I want. The foundations I use for work (and therefore wear most often) are the Maybelline Fit Me Foundation Stick as a base, followed by the Maybelline Fit Me Foundation and then the L’Oreal Paris True Match Minerals Foundation (review here) to set it with, though I am looking for some more foundations to try as the Maybelline Fit Me Foundation isn't a true match to my skin. What would you recommend?
  2. How about concealer? Underneath my foundation I use the Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Eraser Dark Circles Concealer and above my foundation I use the Maybelline Fit Me Concealer. Can you tell that I went on a bit of a Maybelline shopping spree recently? I have had my eye on the Nars Creamy Concealer for a while and I’ve heard a lot of good things about the Rimmel Wake Me Up Foundation and Concealer.
  3. Do you know your undertone colour? I think I’m cool but I’m not 100% sure. I tried doing the vein test (if your veins look blue, you have a cool undertone and if they look green, you have a warm undertone) but typically my veins look blue-green.
  4. What do you think of fake eyelashes? I love them! While I only wear them on nights out, I think they really help frame the eyes and draw attention to them, though I much prefer thinner, more natural lashes than thick ones.
  5. Did you know that you are suppose to change your mascara every 3 months? Yep! :)
  6. What brand of mascara do you use? I am currently using the L’Oreal Paris False Lash Flutter Mascara, though I tend to get a new mascara every time I run out to broaden my mascara-horizons.
  7. What makeup tools do you use in makeup application? I use my fingers for blending in concealer and brushes for my foundation, powder and eyeshadow. At the moment, I only have a basic number and range of brushes but it is something that I am definitely looking to expand on soon. I also sometimes use my Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge for my foundation and concealer.
  8. Do you use make-up base/primer for the eyes? For my everyday work look I don’t actually wear any eyeshadow (it takes too long for me to do and I love sleep too much to get up earlier for the sake of eyeshadow), however on a night out I always start with my Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion.
  9. For the face? Again, I only tend to wear a primer for nights out, though this is due to my lack of primers. I have the No7 Beautifully Matte Make Up Base which I don’t actually like applying to my face as it feels a bit icky and 'stiff'. What primers would you recommend for everyday use?
  10. What is your favorite eyeshadow (color or shade)? I recently got the Naked by Urban Decay palette (yes, I am very late getting on the bandwagon!) and I love the shadow Sidecar, which is kind of a sparkly beige colour.
  11. Do you use pencil or liquid eyeliner? I use pencil, liquid and gel! Pencil for everyday use and tight lining my waterlines and liquid & gel for winged looks and lining close to my lash line.
  12. How often do you poke your eyes with an eyeliner pencil? Not very often, I am very cautious about poking my eyes! However I do have a tendency to blink when I’m applying liquid eyeliner so it goes all over my lid :(
  13. What do you think of pigment eyeshadows? Pigment eyeshadows are the best. I hate it when I see a really pretty shade but it lacks pigment so it doesn't look like I've actually got anything on my eyelids when I have applied it!
  14. Do you wear lipstick? I have a beautiful nude colour by Rimmel (I think) that I wear on a daily basis to work as I find it really helps define my lips, however I recently bought Plumful by Mac which I am looking to wear quite a bit this autumn. It's a fairly pinky-plum colour but nothing that's too out-there so I should be able to get away with wearing it at work.
  15. How about lipgloss? I tend not to wear lipgloss as I dislike the sticky feeling it leaves and the fact that my hair always gets stuck to my lips when I wear it!
  16. What is your favorite blush to use? I can’t remember the name of the blush I use but it is a Rimmel tricolour blush containing a light-beige colour, a rose colour and a light-bronze colour in a funky pattern. What’s your favourite blush? I’m always eager to try new products!
  17. Do you buy your makeup on eBay? Nope. I have nothing against eBay, but I have a discount at the department store I work at so I can get certain brands of makeup quite cheap. What I can’t get there, I go to Boots and use my advantage card. I currently have £22 of points on there to spend, but I might let it accumulate and save it for a rainy day.
  18. Do you like drugstore makeup? Most of my makeup is drugstore makeup as recently, I moved out with my boyfriend and money was very tight so it was all I could afford. However, now that I am getting even more into makeup and finally have more money, I am looking at buying more high-end makeup. Though I should put the money into mortgage savings. Oh well!
  19. Did you ever consider taking make-up classes? I think the only classes that are available where I live are for diplomas and since I don’t see make-up being my full-time job, it would be a bit of a waste of money to get a diploma that I am never going to actually use. However, I do love watching tutorials on YouTube.
  20. Are you clumsy in putting on makeup? I can be quite clumsy - I struggle to make things match (eyebrows, eyeshadow, eyeliner, blusher, etc, etc!) and as mentioned above, I have a tendency to blink when applying liquid eyeliner. Plus, I have ticklish eyelids so that makes applying eyeliner even harder!
  21. Name a makeup crime that you hate? I think it looks absolutely awful when people shave off their eyebrows just to draw them on again. I’m all for enhancing brows and working with what you’ve got, but when you see what some people have done with their brows, it makes you wonder how they can leave the house looking like that!
  22. Do you like colorful shades of makeup (lipstick, eyeshadow) or neutral ones? I’m not such a fan of bright and abstract colourful lips (unless it is for a Halloween look or lip art) but I do quite like colourful eyeshadow, as long as it is done artfully and doesn’t look over the top. That being said, I like neutral shadows as well.
  23. If you could leave the house using just ONE make up item,what would you use? This is a very close toss up between foundation and mascara for me as, without mascara, I feel like I don’t have any eyelashes and my eyes just don’t stand out. However, my definitive answer has to be foundation as it evens out my skin tone and really reduces the visibility of my pores.
  24. Could you ever leave the house without any makeup on? I have and I do! I always wear makeup when I go to work but if I need to pop to Asda quickly, I won’t bother with the makeup as it is more effort than it is worth.
  25. Do you think you look good even without any makeup on? I don’t think I look awful without makeup on but I do prefer my appearance when I am wearing it as my skin can be quite bad in terms of visible pores and redness.
  26. What do you think of Makeup? I think it is great! I think it is really useful for enhancing facial features and covering any troublesome areas though I do think people have a tendency to go over the top and wear too much makeup. Plus, I think it can be quite addictive to wear in the sense that some people don’t feel like they can leave the house without wearing makeup which is quite sad.
I hope you enjoyed reading my answers, I would love to read all of yours!
- Taisie ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment



blogger template by lovebird