Friday 31 October 2014

October Goals Update + November Goals

November Goals
So when I post this, I will have completed Blogtober and will have posted every single day for the past month! It has been hard at times to keep up with this, especially the past week or so when I haven't had any scheduled posts and have had to write on the day I posted, but I did it and I am so proud. I have learned a lot about myself and my blog, plus what I want it to become. I have set myself some new goals for my blog and now have higher and more defined aspirations for what I want my blog to be and I am so excited!
To wrap up Blogtober, I have an October Goals Update and November Goals for you.


October Goals:
  1. Finish my nephew’s nappy cake - my mum and I worked together on Tuesday to make this happen and if I'm being honest, it looked great in the end! I was so pleased with how it turned out.
  2. Increase my flexibility - I can't really say I've done this one, it hasn't been top of my list and I've not exercised much this month (Oops?.... haha usually I stretch after exercising, when I'm sure my muscles are properly warmed up)
  3. Plan NaNo I am 99% sure I want to go with an old book that I started writing last year - Nyx - but never got round to finish. There is still a small part of me that wants to write something completely different, however, so we shall see when tomorrow rolls around!
  4. 100-Day Resolutions - I have been trying to maintain my 100-Day Resolutions and while it's not going too bad, it's not exactly going great either - this is definitely something I need to work on!
  5. Blogtober - ACCOMPLISHED! So proud!
  6. Finish reading A Storm of Swords Part 1: Steel and Snow - I have tried reading this but I find it quite a hard read. I am determined to finish reading it but I am unsure when that will be.
  7. Read The Maze Runner - I really wanted to read but didn't want to read A Storm of Swords so I picked up The Maze Runner instead. I'm currently on 25% of the way through it but considering I have been fairly busy and I only started it on Tuesday, I don't think that's bad going!
  8. Read Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix - the book is in the top drawer of my bedside table waiting for me to read it!
  9. Get settled into an evening routine - I feel as though this is something that I have accomplished, though my routine may need a little tweaking!
  10. Get settled into a goals routine - I can't really say that I have tried to accomplish this one much either! Boo Taisie!
  11. Practise my ambidexterity - if I'm being honest, this is another I have completely forgotten.
  12. Sort out my eating habits - I have been trying and I have had a few good days but I always seem to fall off the bandwagon! However, I am more determined to sort them out now, read below to find out how!
  13. Practise the SATs & Relearn my A-Levels - I have my SAT book out, but my A-Level books are still packed away! My boyfriend and I finally moved into our permanent room, but we didn't get a chance to unpack my A-Level books before they were put into temporary storage (again!). These are two goals that I really want to start doing but don't feel as though they are a massively high priority.
So that is it for October. If I'm being completely honest with myself and with you guys, I am disappointed. That being said, I honestly don't know where my time has been disappearing to. I finish work at 4 and am usually home by 4:15. But then I sit down and when I next look at the clock it's 5:30 and I have no idea how that happened! Does that happen with you guys too?
Anyway, November is going to be a pretty big month for me so while I still have some goals in the pipeline, I don't have as many:
November Goals
  1. Participate in NaNo - I mentioned in a previous blog post about how I will be challenging myself to write 50,000 words in a month. That equates to 1,667 words a day which isn't a massive amount but to do that much consistently over the course of a month gets pretty tough at times! This is also one of the reasons why I have fewer goals this month.
  2. Continue with my blog - this should be an easy win for me as I don't imagine I will stop writing in my blog to participate in NaNo, however I will be super proud of myself to maintain my blog and compete in NaNo at the same time!
  3. Have no McDonald's or KFCs - this is getting back to the roots of the monthly goals! I first started monthly goals in June 2013 as I felt like I was eating too many McDonald's and I wanted to cut down, so I challenged myself not to eat one for a month and it worked. It is an easy and measurable way to ensure you aren't eating too many fast food meals and also to be less unhealthy. My boyfriend and I are both doing this, though we have said we can still have a takeaway (a Chinese, Indian or chippy) each week, just no McDonald's or KFCs!
  4. Read 2 books - I can't go a month without reading! Simple as! I have also decided not to specify the books as I have no idea what I want to read this month.
  5. 100 Day Resolutions - the initial idea behind putting this goal for this month was to continue with my 100 Day Resolutions with everything else going on. However, as I have been writing this post I have realised that I want to put more effort into my 100 Day Resolutions, especially learning Spanish, which has kind of fallen off my radar.
  6. Complete a birth sampler - so my nephew is due to be born on Sunday, though we pretty much all think he is going to be about 12 days late, when my sister is induced. I bought a really cute birth sampler earlier this month and I haven't started it yet, but would love to give it to my sister not long after she gives birth.
And that is it - there is are definitely a lot less goals this month so hopefully I should be more successful at completing them!
Do you have anything you wish to complete in November? Are you participating in NaNo?

- Taisie ♥ | Bloglovin ♥ Twitter ♥ Tumblr ♥ Pinterest ♥ Instagram

No comments:

Post a Comment



blogger template by lovebird