Friday 7 November 2014

Review: Body Shop Almond Hand & Nail Cream

Body Shop Almond hand cream edited 2
If you follow my blog, you will know that I recently had a little visit to the Body Shop, where I bought some make-up and signed up for their loyalty card, receiving a hand cream as a present (RRP £5).
I chose the Almond Hand & Nail Cream; I was tempted to go for the Rose cream but they didn’t have it for me to test. They also had Hemp and Absinthe available as the joining gift, but I thought the Almond one sounded the nicest.

First thing’s first, I absolutely adore the smell. I think it is so gorgeous and the scent seems to remain on my hands for a while after I have applied it, giving me a fresh burst of fragrance every now and again, even after the cream has been absorbed.
The cream itself is an amazing formula - it is very lightweight and doesn’t take very long for it to be absorbed, unless you apply a lot. However, I’ve found that with this product, a little really does go a long way and I only need to use a 10p sized amount to cover both of my hands.
I am not amazingly convinced with the packaging - it is presented nicely but I find that the smallest of squeezes on the pressurised tube tends to send a large volume of the product out, which takes a lot longer for the entire product to be absorbed in.
I can’t comment on its moisturising abilities with a great deal of confidence, simply because I only suffer from dry hands during the very cold winter months so I am not currently using the product to give my hands moisture. However, I will be continuing to use this hand cream throughout the winter to see if it can cure or even prevent my dry knuckles. One thing I will say with confidence is that it leaves my hands feeling so silky smooth without leaving a greasy film!
Almond Hand and Nail Cream

Quality: 9/10
Application: 8/10 (simply because of the tube)
Appearance: 8/10
Value: 8/10
Formula: 9/10 (this may be reviewed again during/after the colder months when I can evaluate how well it moisturises my dry hands)
Likelihood to buy again: 9/10 (I would like to always have a tube of this available, however I probably will buy other hand creams to expand my collection and knowledge of other brands/products)
Overall: 9/10

What do you think? Have you ever tried this product?

- Taisie ♥ | Bloglovin ♥ Twitter ♥ Tumblr ♥ Pinterest ♥ Instagram

No comments:

Post a Comment



blogger template by lovebird