Saturday 13 December 2014

Why I Love Christmas

I am a massive fan of Christmas. I think there is something magical about the entire season that makes me feel warm and tingly inside and recently, I have been thinking about why it makes me feel like such a kid as soon as the Christmas merchandise rolls out in stores.

  • Family time. I am quite a big family person and even though we already spend quite a bit of time together throughout the year, it is nice for everyone to be at home for the specific purpose of spending time with one another, as opposed to being together for a meal or for a birthday. At Christmas, we spend time together to spend time together and generally, we spend more time together now than at any other time of the year.
  • The Christmas spirit. Is it just me or is everyone else generally a lot happier towards one another around the Christmas period? I find that people are a lot more lenient and there is much more happiness between strangers around this time of year.
  • Food. I’m not a big food lover at all - I eat to live, as opposed to living to eat - but we always have Christmas lunch cooked by my nan and it is so nice! We have turkey with potatoes and veg served in a help-yourself manner so we can eat as much as we want.
  • Chocolate. This is one of the parts of Christmas that I adore. My grandparents have these wooden bowls that we put nuts and chocolate in and they stay out for the week surrounding Christmas, so we can eat chocolate all day long! What’s best is that it is all wrapped chocolate that comes from boxes like Quality Street, Celebrations and Roses so it can stay out without worrying about it going off.
  • Pictures. My family is a massive picture family; we take pictures at every gathering so obviously Christmas Day is the perfect opportunity for that. It is nice to have pictures taken to remember times together and also see how much we have all changed over the years!
  • Being organised. Yep, I love being organised and one of the best times of year to showcase this is Christmas. This year and last year, I had finished my Christmas shopping by the first week of December and was then able to focus on the excitement of Christmas day.
  • Presents. I love presents for two reasons: giving them and receiving them. In terms of giving them, I love finding something for my family that I know they are going to love and seeing their reactions when they open them. And in terms of receiving them, I love that I tend to get presents that I want and are useful that I probably otherwise wouldn’t have bought for myself! Besides, I think there is something absolutely magical about a wrapped present, even if it is something I have wrapped myself!
  • Christmas films. Who doesn’t love Christmas films? I love Beauty and the Beast: The Enchanted ChristmasElfMrs MiracleMiracle on 34th Street and, of course, Die Hard. There are other films I love as well but those are the few that I can name off the top of my head!
  • Decorations. I think Christmas trees and lights and baubles and other general Christmas decorations are so pretty and nice to look at and really help with the festive feel.
  • Snow. OK, so in England we don’t tend to get much snow around Christmas but in my mind, Christmas is perfect with a perfect blanket of white snow on Christmas morning and I love feeling all cosy indoors when it’s so cold and frosty outside.
  • Christmas songs - they really help with the festive feelings, don’t they?! Oh, the weather outside is frightful...
So they are the top things I love about Christmas, what are yours?

- Taisie ♥ | Bloglovin ♥ Twitter ♥ Tumblr ♥ Pinterest ♥ Instagram

No comments:

Post a Comment



blogger template by lovebird